Homemade detox drinks are a great way to cleanse the body of toxin accumulation, and not just after Christmas or birthday lunches and dinners. In fact, every day a number of excess elements are deposited in our bodies, bringing bloating, heaviness and slowing down the body.
To lighten up and deflate you don’t have to go that far though, there are many simple recipes within reach of your fridge to give your body a purifying pampering. Let’s take a look at the 5 best detox drinks you can make whenever you feel the need, they are quick recipes and I’m sure they will make you fall in love!
Fruits and vegetables, excellent allies for purifying action
All detox recipes include fruits and vegetables, but why? These two types of food are essential for the balance and well-being of our bodies, representing a perfect mix of fiber, healthy sugars, minerals and vitamins, not to mention the specific properties of each food. In fact, many fruits and vegetables have diuretic properties, absorbing excess toxins and helping to reduce abdominal bloating.
In addition to fruits and vegetables, we also find flowers, herbaceous plants, and spices, such as dandelion, ginger, and turmeric. In short, Mother Nature does not leave us without choice; on the contrary, she provides us with everything we need to be able to feel good in our daily lives. Taking care of one’s physical well-being, in fact, is often easier than we think: with the right mix of natural and readily available ingredients, we can help our bodies expel what they don’t need and return to feeling light and energetic.
Pen in hand and let’s proceed with the recipes for your detox pampering.
Detox recipes: the 5 drinks that will make you fall in love
Let’s start with the simplest recipes, such as infusions and herbal teas, which are so easy that you’ll want to try them right away:
- DANDELION INFUSION. As mentioned earlier, the Dandelion plant is a real panacea in terms of purifying the body. It only takes 2 teaspoons of the leaves of this plant, left to steep for about 10 minutes and strained, to work magic. Its properties? It is an excellent tonic, digestive, as well as being a diuretic, liver and blood cleanser .
- MALLOW HERBAL TEA. Again, the leaves are used, dried and then shredded, to be steeped in a 2:1 ratio of water (2 teaspoons of leaves per cup of water) and allowed to stand for fifteen minutes before straining and drinking the herbal tea. This herbal tea is ideal for slow bowels because of its mildly laxative properties, as well as its diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Slightly more elaborate but extremely effective, then there are recipes with centrifuged tubers, fruits and vegetables. True pampering starts right from the preparation and becomes an experience that involves all five senses: cutting the ingredients, seeing the colors mix together, noticing the density of the result…all of this makes the experience even tastier!
3. BEET. Beet juice has many properties: it contains vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and has excellent diuretic effects, which is why it is often used as an ingredient in detox drinks. Perfect for blending together with parsley and lemon, two other great ingredients for health.
4. ANANAS. This fruit is a great ally for disposing of excess fluids, blend it together with a few celery stalksand an apple to make a healthy and easy-to-make drink.
5. TURMERIC AND GINGER. Two anti-inflammatory ingredients that just can’t be missed in the daily diet. Mixed together with a green apple, a few slices of ginger and a sprinkling of turmeric will suffice to achieve a result as magical in color as its benefits.
Which of these drinks will you try? Let me know in the comments!
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends!
You might also like...
The avocado “trend”: properties and uses of this miracle fruit
The avocado is a tropical fruit that is now well known even in Europe, so much so that in recent years, it has become
Sweet or savory breakfast? Have a look to the traditions around the world
Breakfast, whether sweet or savory, is one of life’s pleasures. Leaving aside those who “only have a coffee in the morning”, it is well
The best foods for healthy skin
The skin is the largest organ in our body. Its job is not only to protect us from pathogens such as viruses and bacteria,