Traveling alone is the best gift you can give yourself: you get to know yourself better, face your limits and see the world with new eyes. But you know, the world is huge, and sometimes it can be difficult to choose the perfect destination for your solo travel.
So today I want to reveal to you the 8 best destinations for traveling alone: ready to mark them down and hit the road?
The perfect destinations for those who like to travel in warm weather
If you are also a lover of warm climates and dream of chasing the sun all year round, then these 4 destinations are definitely for you:
- Greece: Naxos. Greece is dotted with small paradisiacal gems that lend themselves perfectly to a solo trip. The island of Naxos, off the traditional tourist routes and only a 50-minute flight from Athens, offers beautiful nature walks and miles of white sandy beaches, such as “Plaka Beach.” Ideal for a relaxing trip in search of time to oneself.
- Canary Islands: Gran Canaria. The third-largest island by area, after Tenerife and Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria is the perfect destination for those who want to treat themselves to a solo trip filled with sea, good vibes and new friendships. A favorite destination for digital nomads and vanlifers, there is no shortage of movement throughout the year. If the idea of going off on your own completely on an adventure is holding you back or you don’t know where to start when it comes to organizing your itinerary, check out my My Friend In service-it might be for you! Beware though, once you visit the Canary Islands, it will be hard to resist the idea of moving to one of its islands for a short or long time 😉
- Spain: Andalusia. Another particularly popular warm-weather destination is Andalusia, the area southwest of Spain. There really is something for everyone here: from large cities like Granada and Seville, to smaller but equally lively towns, to small villages with strong local traditions. The perfect trip for those who want to alternate a bit of city bustle with moments of tranquility and nature.
- Vietnam: Ho Chi Min (formerly Saigon). Moving out of Europe and further afield we find another destination ideal for solo travelers. In fact, Vietnam is an extremely peaceful and safe country, perfect for those who dream of an adventure away from home but want a destination where they feel safe at all times. The city of Ho Chi Min is a perfect start because it allows you to easily delve into the local culture at your own pace.
4 cities not to miss for your solo trip
If the length of your trip does not allow you to plan large itineraries, don’t be discouraged – there are plenty of cities worth visiting even with only a few days to spare. Below I list four cities you can’t miss:
- Portugal: Porto. The perfect destination for a solo getaway: between strolls along the river, great local food and visits to major attractions, there is no shortage of things to do in Porto.
- France: Strasbourg. An ideal destination for those who love towns with picturesque architecture and a medieval past. A real gem worth putting on the program.
- Latvia: Riga. A unique city of culture and architecture; its size makes it perfect for walking around.
- Turkey: Istanbul. An enchanting destination in every respect. The beauty of the Hagia Sophia, the thick scent of spices that envelops the city and the presence of one of the world’s largest bazaars are just some of its highlights.
If this article was helpful to you let me know in the comments, I’m curious about your next destination!
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends!
You might also like...
Feeling good about yourself can seem difficult when you live in a big city: constant noise, stimuli from all sides, a constant stream of
Travel as a means of finding oneself is certainly nothing new: for centuries human beings have been wandering in search of themselves, and I